Toddler badly burnt after pot of boiling water falls on him at festival

0


A toddler has been left with horrific injuries after a pot of boiling water toppled over him during a wartime festival.

Austin Stewart, two, was enjoying the Home Front 1940s festival celebrations at Carrog Station in Wales when he caught his foot on a stove and an old-style kettle fell onto his legs.

He was left screaming and paramedics were called – who had to place his tiny body in a bin so they could douse him with water.

Mum Anneka Hulse said she went into shock at seeing the state of her son’s injuries, the Daily Post reports.

Austin with his dad, Alexander

 

She said: “The lady kept getting water to pour on Austin, and I think she saved some of his skin.

“He was in shock and it looked like there was steam coming off him as they poured water over him.

“I was in shock at the time and everything was a bit of a blur. You don’t expect these things to happen.

“You just don’t think there would be something there that would that to a child.”

The youngster was flown to Liverpool Children’s Hospital, where shop worker dad Alexander stayed with him overnight.

He is likely going to have to remain in hospital for at least a week, and is covered in bandages.

His mum, from Bebbington on the Wirral, added: “He’s got quite bad burns. The hospital is not sure whether he is going to need skin grafts.

“He had to be put to sleep last night and he’s bandaged from head to toe.

“He’s in a pretty bad way.”

Austin with his mum, Anneka and dad, Alexander

 

His bandages are coming off on Tuesday and doctors will be able to asses the extend of damage.

A Welsh Ambulance Service spokesman said they were called to treat a burns victim at around 11.45am on Saturday, and the child was flown to Alder Hey for treatment.

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here