Close Menu
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
What's Hot

Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva

February 16, 2026

Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source

February 16, 2026

Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support

February 16, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva
  • Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source
  • Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support
  • New Mexico mother accused of drowning newborn in portable toilet after giving birth
  • Anthony Edwards leads Team Stars, earns MVP in revamped NBA All-Star Game format
  • Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention
  • MLB All-Stars react to Dodgers' massive $400 million payroll for 2026 season: 'I f—ing love it'
  • Brooklyn Beckham catches wrath for 'weird' Valentine's Day post amid family war
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Demo
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Home»Sports»OHL suspends Luke Dragusica for remainder of season following violent head slash incident
Sports

OHL suspends Luke Dragusica for remainder of season following violent head slash incident

nytimespostBy nytimespostNovember 21, 2025No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The Ontario Hockey League (OHL) has suspended a player for the remainder of the regular season and the playoffs after his violent head slash last week left his opponent bloodied and unable to finish the game. 

Brampton Steelheads player Luke Dragusica, 18, was suspended after the OHL Department of Player Safety reviewed the Nov. 14 game against the Oshawa Generals, where Dragusica slashed defenseman Brady Blaseg across the face. 

Luke Dragusica fights

Tristan Delisle (40) of the Oshawa Generals fights Luke Dragusica (23) of the Mississauga Steelheads during the third period at Tribute Communities Centre in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, on Dec. 13, 2023. (Chris Tanouye/Getty Images)

The incident took place with a little more than two minutes remaining in the game. 

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM 

Video of the incident showed Dragusica swinging his stick across the face of Blaseg, who immediately dropped to the ground in apparent pain. While he was down, Dragusica proceeded to cross-check Blaseg.

A fight between the two teams ensued with referees quickly jumping in to separate the players. 

Blaseg was tended to by staff, and video of the incident showed blood staining the ice where Blaseg was hit. He did not return to the game. 

Dragusica will be required to complete a league-mandated education, counseling and community service program as part of his suspension. 

Dragusica will be required to complete a league-mandated education, counseling and community service program as part of his suspension.  (iStock)

ISLANDERS COACH CONFRONTS STARS PLAYER WITH VERBAL ATTACK AFTER EJECTION FOR CONTROVERSIAL BOARDING HIT

“This decision follows a comprehensive review of the incident by the OHL Department of Player Safety that incorporated video, game reports, interviews and submissions from both Clubs,” the OHL said in a statement released Friday.

“The deliberate use of a stick as a weapon to an opponent’s head, followed by further contact on a defenseless player, is a dangerous and unacceptable act that has no place in the OHL.” 

Dragusica will be required to complete a league-mandated education, counseling and community service program as part of his suspension. He will also need to appear before a reinstatement panel to determine his eligibility for the 2026-2027 season.

Luke Dragusica fights

Tristan Delisle (40) of the Oshawa Generals fights Luke Dragusica (23) of the Mississauga Steelheads during the third period at Tribute Communities Centre in Oshawa, Ontario, Canada, on Dec. 13, 2023. (Chris Tanouye/Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP 

According to The Athletic, Blaseg was cut across the mouth and suffered bruising to his face, but he returned to play in the team’s next game just two days later. 

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.



Canada Dragusica incident Luke NHL OHL remainder season slash sports suspends violent
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

Anthony Edwards leads Team Stars, earns MVP in revamped NBA All-Star Game format

February 16, 2026

MLB All-Stars react to Dodgers' massive $400 million payroll for 2026 season: 'I f—ing love it'

February 16, 2026

Paige Spiranac opens up on social media hiatus: 'Just overthinking everything'

February 15, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The Latest News
  • Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva February 16, 2026
  • Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source February 16, 2026
  • Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support February 16, 2026
  • New Mexico mother accused of drowning newborn in portable toilet after giving birth February 16, 2026
  • Anthony Edwards leads Team Stars, earns MVP in revamped NBA All-Star Game format February 16, 2026
  • Man who burned Quran in London may get US asylum as case draws Trump administration attention February 16, 2026
Economy News
World

Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva

By nytimespostFebruary 16, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Iran claims it is open to compromise…

Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source

February 16, 2026

Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support

February 16, 2026
Top Trending
World

Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva

By nytimespostFebruary 16, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Iran claims it is…

News

Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source

By nytimespostFebruary 16, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! New reports attributing Nancy…

Entertainment

Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support

By nytimespostFebruary 16, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Spencer Pratt’s quest to…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Advertisement
Demo
Demo
Top Posts

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025

Trans athlete wins USA Cycling women's event as female opponents protest and speak out

July 2, 2025
Don't Miss
World

Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva

By nytimespostFebruary 16, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Iran claims it is open to compromise…

Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source

February 16, 2026

Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support

February 16, 2026

New Mexico mother accused of drowning newborn in portable toilet after giving birth

February 16, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo

NEW YORK TIMES POST

 

Categories
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Fashion
  • Food
  • Tech
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Nature
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the lifestyle news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a lifestyle site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@example.com
Contact: +1-320-0123-451

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Iran says US must 'prove they want to do a deal' on nuclear talks in Geneva

February 16, 2026

Burglary theory in missing Guthrie case 'ridiculously rare' says law enforcement source

February 16, 2026

Spencer Pratt faces harsh family opposition in LA mayoral bid despite growing community support

February 16, 2026
Most Popular

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025
© 2026 NEW YORK TIMES POST. Designed by EREN.
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.