Close Menu
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
What's Hot

California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping

February 22, 2026

High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports

February 22, 2026

Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest

February 22, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping
  • High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports
  • Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest
  • Eileen Gu comments on Alysa Liu's historic gold medal
  • Kaillie Armbruster Humphries, Jasmine Jones secure bronze in two-woman bobsled for Team USA
  • Pima County sheriff warns in NBC interview DNA tech issues in Nancy Guthrie case may take ‘months’ to resolve
  • 'Sopranos' star Michael Imperioli weighs in on characters' political leanings: 'Probably Trump supporters'
  • FBI investigates criminal damage to federal ICE warehouse facility in Arizona
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Demo
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Home»World»Nigeria says it shared intelligence to support US strikes on ISIS
World

Nigeria says it shared intelligence to support US strikes on ISIS

nytimespostBy nytimespostDecember 26, 2025No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Nigeria said it shared intelligence with the U.S. ahead of Christmas night airstrikes on ISIS targets in the country.

The Nigerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs confirmed on Friday that it was “engaged in structured security cooperation” with other nations, including the U.S., adding that the cooperation “led to precision hits on terrorist targets.” The ministry said that the joint security efforts include the sharing of intelligence and strategic coordination.

“Nigeria reiterates that all counter-terrorism efforts are guided by the primacy of protecting civilian lives, safeguarding national unity, and upholding the rights and dignity of all citizens, irrespective of faith or ethnicity. Terrorist violence in any form whether directed at Christians, Muslims, or other communities remains an affront to Nigeria’s values and to international peace and security,” the ministry wrote in a statement posted on X.

TRUMP’S WARNING TO NIGERIA OFFERS HOPE TO NATION’S PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS

Christians in Nigeria

Members of St. Leo Catholic Church hold a procession to mark Palm Sunday in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria, on April 13, 2025. (Adekunle Ajayi/Getty Images)

President Donald Trump announced the Christmas night airstrikes in northwest Nigeria, saying the targets were ISIS militants who he accused of killing Christians. The president also included a warning that further attacks would take place if the violence against Christians continued.

“Tonight, at my direction as Commander in Chief, the United States launched a powerful and deadly strike against ISIS Terrorist Scum in Northwest Nigeria, who have been targeting and viciously killing, primarily, innocent Christians, at levels not seen for many years, and even Centuries!” Trump said Thursday on Truth Social. 

“I have previously warned these Terrorists that if they did not stop the slaughtering of Christians, there would be hell to pay, and tonight, there was. The Department of War executed numerous perfect strikes, as only the United States is capable of doing.

“Under my leadership, our Country will not allow Radical Islamic Terrorism to prosper,” he continued. “May God Bless our Military, and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all, including the dead Terrorists, of which there will be many more if their slaughter of Christians continues.”

Drone view of Christians leaving a church in Nigeria

A drone view of Christians departing St. Peter and Paul Catholic Church after a Sunday mass in Palmgrove, Lagos, Nigeria, Nov. 2, 2025. (Sodiq Adelakun/Reuters)

NIGERIAN CHRISTIAN LEADER CALLS TRUMP’S SPOTLIGHT ON VIOLENCE IN NIGERIA AN ‘ANSWERED PRAYER’

U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Mike Waltz, who has been outspoken about the violence against Christians in Nigeria, praised the strikes. The ambassador said the precision strikes showed Christians in Nigeria and around the world that Trump would “fight for them.”

Last month, Trump threatened to “do things in Nigeria that Nigeria is not going to be happy about” and “go into that now disgraced country guns-a-blazing.”

That warning set the stage for the Christmas-night strikes, which Secretary of War Pete Hegseth said fulfilled the president’s demand that the killings stop. Hegseth also included in a post on X a reference to the U.S.-Nigeria cooperation that led to the strikes.

Gunmen in a church in Nigeria

Gunmen pick up the belongings left behind by worshippers who ran for cover after hearing gunshots, as they walk into a Church in Eruku, Kwara state, Nigeria, November 18, 2025, in this picture obtained from social media. (Social media/via Reuters)

US AMBASSADOR MICHAEL WALTZ DECLARES ATROCITIES AGAINST CHRISTIANS IN NIGERIA ‘GENOCIDE’

“The President was clear last month: the killing of innocent Christians in Nigeria (and elsewhere) must end,” Hegseth wrote on X. “The [War Department] is always ready, so ISIS found out tonight — on Christmas. More to come… Grateful for Nigerian government support & cooperation. Merry Christmas!”

Christians and Christian institutions in Nigeria have been under attack in recent months, prompting global outrage and drawing the ire of the Trump administration.

In November, armed gunmen stormed the Christ Apostolic Church, killed two people and kidnapped dozens. The 38 abducted worshipers were freed almost a week later.

Empty beds at St. Mary's School in Nigeria after the abduction of 303 students and 12 teachers

This photo released by the Christian Association of Nigeria shows the dormitories of St. Mary’s Catholic Primary and Secondary School after gunmen abducted children and staff in Papiri community in Nigeria, Friday, Nov. 21, 2025. (Christian Association of Nigeria via AP)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The attack on the Christ Apostolic Church was preceded and followed by attacks on Christian schools in Nigeria.

In the days before the attack, gunmen kidnapped 25 girls from a boarding school in Nigeria’s Kebbi State and killed at least one staffer. One of the girls managed to escape on the same day as the kidnapping, while the remaining 24 were rescued about a week later, The Associated Press reported.

Days after the attack on Christ Apostolic Church, armed attackers raided the Saint Mary’s School and kidnapped more than 300 students and staff. School officials said 50 of the students were able to escape in the following days, while 253 students and 12 teachers remain captive.

Fox News Digital’s Stephen Sorace contributed to this report.

Rachel Wolf is a breaking news writer for Fox News Digital and FOX Business.

Africa intelligence ISIS Nigeria shared strikes support terrorism world
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest

February 22, 2026

Truck caught on camera plowing into famed Australian synagogue in alleged hate crime

February 21, 2026

US military kills 3 in latest strike on a suspected drug vessel in the Pacific

February 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The Latest News
  • California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping February 22, 2026
  • High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports February 22, 2026
  • Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest February 22, 2026
  • Eileen Gu comments on Alysa Liu's historic gold medal February 22, 2026
  • Kaillie Armbruster Humphries, Jasmine Jones secure bronze in two-woman bobsled for Team USA February 22, 2026
  • Pima County sheriff warns in NBC interview DNA tech issues in Nancy Guthrie case may take ‘months’ to resolve February 22, 2026
Economy News
News

California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping

By nytimespostFebruary 22, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! A Los Angeles-based sports reporter had a…

High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports

February 22, 2026

Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest

February 22, 2026
Top Trending
News

California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping

By nytimespostFebruary 22, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! A Los Angeles-based sports…

News

High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports

By nytimespostFebruary 22, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! A Pennsylvania high school…

Entertainment

Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest

By nytimespostFebruary 22, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Kate Middleton made her…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Advertisement
Demo
Demo
Top Posts

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025

Trans athlete wins USA Cycling women's event as female opponents protest and speak out

July 2, 2025
Don't Miss
News

California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping

By nytimespostFebruary 22, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! A Los Angeles-based sports reporter had a…

High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports

February 22, 2026

Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest

February 22, 2026

Eileen Gu comments on Alysa Liu's historic gold medal

February 22, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo

NEW YORK TIMES POST

 

Categories
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Fashion
  • Food
  • Tech
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Nature
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the lifestyle news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a lifestyle site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@example.com
Contact: +1-320-0123-451

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

California woman hospitalized with chemical burns after portable charger explodes while sleeping

February 22, 2026

High school senior facing more than 300 felony charges in alleged sextortion scheme targeting minors: reports

February 22, 2026

Kate Middleton makes first public appearance since former Prince Andrew's arrest

February 22, 2026
Most Popular

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025
© 2026 NEW YORK TIMES POST. Designed by EREN.
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.