Customise Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorised as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyse the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customised advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyse the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Friday, April 4, 2025
HomeLifestyleNew York Jets send 6-word message over Aaron Rodgers replacement after $40m...

New York Jets send 6-word message over Aaron Rodgers replacement after $40m free agency decision


THE New York Jets have doubled down on their $40 million quarterback decision with a simple statement.

The team sent a six-word message about their new direction.

Aaron Rodgers #8 of the New York Jets throwing a football.

3

The New York Jets cut ties with Aaron Rodgers after two yearsCredit: Getty
Justin Fields #2 of the Pittsburgh Steelers warming up.

3

Justin Fields signed a two-year, $40 million contract with the teamCredit: Getty

They cut ties with Aaron Rodgers in free agency after a disastrous two years.

The Jets finished 5-12 in 2024 despite holding high hopes over a playoff berth.

New York holds the No. 7 overall pick in the NFL Draft in Green Bay, Wisconsin next month.

But they made a splash in free agency to land Justin Fields on a two-year, $40 million deal.

The quarterback joined from the Pittsburgh Steelers after a year battling with Russell Wilson for the starting role.

And Jets general manager Darren Mougey was adamant in his stance on Fields as the starter.

“We believe Justin is the starter,” Mougey said.

“We believe in Justin. We believe we can win with Justin, so we’re excited about Justin.”

Fields joined his third team having had three seasons with the Chicago Bears.

He was the No. 11 overall pick in 2021 and there were high hopes for him in Chicago.

Russell Wilson sends 8-word message to Pittsburgh Steelers after Mike Tomlin makes Aaron Rodgers decision (1)

Mougey is confident that promise will be realized in the Big Apple.

“You saw it last year,” Mougey said.

“He was 4-2 as the starter and probably had some of the best quarterback play of his career.

“We’re going to do everything to support him when he gets here.”

Cam Ward, Shedeur Sanders and Jaxson Dart are among the top quarterbacks in this year’s NFL Draft.

Rodgers was let go earlier in March and is still unemployed.

He tore his Achilles just four plays into his debut with the team and missed the remainder of the 2023 season.

And the Jets won just five games in 2024, leading them to cut ties with the four-time MVP.

Rodgers could yet end up in Pittsburgh on Fields’ old team.

He visited the Steelers earlier this month and held meetings with the likes of head coach Mike Tomlin.

3

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments