Man's face set on FIRE after DIY aromatherapy kit went horribly wrong

0
43


A man set fire to his face after a DIY aromatherapy kit caught alight in a horrific mishap.

Alex Jobson, 36, may now need skin grafts as lavender oil “leaked out” the device, which caused the burns last week.

But Chronicle Live reports doctors said the man’s injuries could have been worse.

“My face was on fire.

“It was pretty much like a fireball,” said Alex, who is a magician.

The man, of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, has shared photos of his horrific wounds to warn others about the dangers of using the kits.

The magician’s face was scorched after the aromatherapy kit turned into a ‘fireball’

The man, of Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, may still need skin grafts

 

In the images, the magician’s skin is severely burned all over his face.

“I could see that my face was on fire so I pulled my shirt up and tried to pat it down and then put my head in the water for about 20 minutes to try and cool it,” he added.

“Thankfully, I did manage to get the flames out quite quickly.

“I’m just lucky that I had my glasses on as the flames could easily have damaged my vision.

Photos show skin severely burned all over the magician’s face

“But I am lucky the burns were not worse.

“I can’t even put a claim in either as it was an old burner and I don’t even know the make of it.

“I just used it because it smelt nice, not thinking this would happen.”

Read More

Top news stories from Mirror Online



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here