A self-styled gangster rapper has published YouTube videos glorifying drugs, guns and violence even though he is behind bars.
Jordan McCann now faces a Parole Board review, which is expected to take into account his online antics, which have amassed more than 3m views.
The 25-year-old from Salford was among 11 people, including his mother and brother, to be handed so-called ‘gangbo’ civil injunctions in 2016.
They were part of a police drive to tackle a series of tit-for-tat shootings between rival gangs, the Manchester Evening News reports.
After being released from a prison earlier this year, McCann employed a slick production company to make two YouTube videos promoting his rap music, featuring a cast of pals.
In the videos, McCann boasts about a life of crime.
Before his videos were published, he was arrested on suspicion of assault, on March 18, and was recalled to prison.
Now he must convince the Parole Board he is safe to be released.
McCann’s first release, Lifestyle, has clocked up more than 1.7m views since it was published on YouTube on March 26 while he was locked up.
In the opening sequence, he appears to be talking on the phone to his jailed brother Patrick, who from behind bars says he has seven years left of his sentence.
“That’s minor to us man. I love you man. I’m going to make this music for us bro, I promise you,” he said.
In 2017 Patrick McCann was jailed for 17 years and two months after admitting conspiracy to possess a firearm with intent to endanger life.
The video shows Jordan McCann being embraced by his girlfriend as he leaves Strangeways prison earlier this year, following a three year eight month jail sentence, before driving away in a Mercedes.
The partner is later seen opening presents, surrounded by bags from Gucci and Selfridges.
The lyrics in the ensuing rap glorify crime, drugs and violence while McCann makes gun gestures to the camera.
The backdrop to the video is Little Hulton and a luxury apartment in Salford Quays.
McCann boasts that he has been ‘coming out of jail doing shootings on licence’ and says he has ‘robbed half my town’.
He claims he continued to commit crime behind bars thanks to his ‘graft phone’ before pointing to his friends and adding that ‘I roll with hyenas’.
The video shows him boasting about the rival ‘rats’ he ‘banged’ and ‘stabbed and stamped on’, to the sound of machine gun fire, and he boasts about committing ‘robberies’.
“I’m known for dragging dealers out of Beamers.
“I’m known for slapping birds and schemers,” he raps.
McCann’s second video, titled Old Friends, features clips from the riots in Salford in 2011 and has amassed more than 1.6m views since it was published on May 2. He is joined by a Brixton rapper known as Ard Adz on the track.
It also features a crew of mates, some wearing ‘Free Jord’ t-shirts and expensive-looking watches while others are seen touring around Little Hulton in Range Rovers.
The tune features one self-pitying couplet where McCann raps: “All the trouble in my life it’s like there’s no end; I had to pull guns on my own friends.”
He continues: “All my life been getting nicked (since eleven); robberies and kidnaps that’s how I was getting it.”
The video claims McCann is being held without a release date, but prison sources say this is incorrect.
McCann remains the subject of the five-year ‘gangbo’ order imposed in 2016.
The conditions include preventing the possession of a bat, hammer, wooden stick, or knife and prohibiting conduct that causes or is likely to cause, harassment, alarm or distress to any person.
The crime which prompted the sentence on which he has now been recalled has not been revealed.
A spokesperson for the Parole Board said: “We can confirm the parole review of Jordan McCann has been referred to the Parole Board and is following standard processes.
“The job of the Parole Board is to determine if someone would represent a significant risk to the public after release.
“It will carefully look at a whole range of evidence, including details of the original evidence and any evidence of behaviour change. We do that with great care and public safety is our number one priority.”
Neither Greater Manchester Police nor the Home Office wished to comment.