Close Menu
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
What's Hot

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

February 21, 2026

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever
  • Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit
  • German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report
  • Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K
  • Gwen Stefani accused of 'MAGA makeover' after promoting Lent prayer challenge
  • Hidden virus inside gut bacteria linked to doubled colorectal cancer risk, study finds
  • 'Miracle on Ice' legend praises USA Olympic team for showing 'same edge' as 1980 squad: 'You can feel it'
  • Florida Senate passes 'Teddy Bridgewater Bill' allowing coaches to use personal funds for student welfare
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Demo
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Home»World»Israel warns Hezbollah ‘playing with fire,’ presses Lebanon to act on weapons pledge
World

Israel warns Hezbollah ‘playing with fire,’ presses Lebanon to act on weapons pledge

nytimespostBy nytimespostNovember 4, 2025No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

As Hezbollah rebuilds its forces and Lebanon is accused of failing to enforce the ceasefire terms brokered last year, Israel’s defense minister has fired off a warning to Beirut.

On Sunday, Defense Minister Israel Katz said, “Hezbollah is playing with fire, and the president of Lebanon is dragging his feet,” he said. “The Lebanese government’s commitment to dismantle Hezbollah’s weapons and remove it from southern Lebanon must be realized. Enforcement will continue and deepen — we will not allow a threat to the residents of the north.”

His warning comes as Fox News Digital has learned that the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) is weighing broader operations against the Iran-backed terrorist group after repeated violations of the truce.

A senior IDF officer stationed on the northern border told Fox News Digital in an exclusive interview that Hezbollah remains fully armed and funded by Iran.

TRUMP ADMIN PRESSURES LEBANON TO DISARM HEZBOLLAH AS ENVOY CALLS NATION ‘FAILED STATE’

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise to enhance operational readiness along the Lebanon border in Oct. 2025. (IDF)

“Hezbollah didn’t give up their heavy weapons,” the officer said. “They’re still trained, still financed by Iran, and still trying to re-establish their positions. Our job is to make sure they don’t succeed.”

On Monday, the IDF confirmed it had killed two Hezbollah commanders in southern Lebanon. Muhammad Ali Hadid, a senior member of Hezbollah’s elite Radwan Force, was eliminated in Nabatieh, while another operative was struck in Ayta ash Shab after being seen collecting intelligence on Israeli positions.

“The terrorists’ activities violated the understandings between Israel and Lebanon,” the IDF said in a statement. “The IDF will continue to operate to remove any threat to the State of Israel.”

The senior officer said the operations reflect Israel’s new, proactive security doctrine. “If somebody threatens us, we take control of the situation and make the threat go away,” he said. “We pushed Hezbollah back, so civilians could return. Now we’re fortifying those gains and acting to prevent their recovery.”

That, he added, is the lesson Israel learned from Oct. 7. “Until then, we sometimes looked the other way. That’s over. We’re not sitting and waiting for the next rocket.”

A poster showing Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei is displayed in Beirut, below a flag bearing the image of assassinated Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah.

A flag bearing the picture of assassinated pro-Iranian Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah flutters in front of a picture of Iranian Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei during a ceremony marking the first anniversary of Nasrallah’s assassination in an Israeli airstrike at his grave in Beirut. Beirut, Lebanon, Sept. 27, 2025. (Marwan Naamani/picture-alliance/dpa/AP Images)

The officer said the IDF’s 91st Division recently completed its largest exercise since the start of the war, designed to strengthen operational readiness for both defense and offensive operations along the Lebanese border — at sea, in the air, and on land.

“We tested our defensive systems, coordination, and rapid-response capabilities,” he said. “We’re applying every lesson from Oct. 7 so our response next time will be immediate.”

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise

Israeli soldiers take part in an IDF exercise to enhance operational readiness along the Lebanon border in Oct. 2025 (IDF)

According to Israel’s Haaretz newspaper, intelligence officials believe Hezbollah is rapidly rebuilding its arsenal with Iranian assistance. The group has partially restored its weapons supply chain through Syria and Iraq, despite disruptions following the collapse of the Assad regime last year.

The Trump administration has also expressed frustration over Beirut’s failure to curb Hezbollah. U.S. Special Envoy Thomas Barrack recently described Lebanon as “a failed state” because of its “paralyzed government,” and that Hezbollah pays its fighters more than the national army soldiers earns.

EXCLUSIVE: A LOOK AT HEZBOLLAH’S PLAN TO TERRORIZE AND INVADE NORTHERN ISRAEL

LEBANON-POLITICS

Commuters drive past a newly-installed billboard bearing the image of a Lebanese flag and a statement that reads in Arabic “Lebanon a new era”, replacing a Hezbollah billboard, on the road leading to Beirut’s Rafic Hariri International airport on April 10, 2025.  (Photo by Joseph Eid/AFP via Getty Images)

Responding to Israel’s preemptive strikes last week, Lebanese Foreign Minister Youssef Raggi urged his visiting German counterpart on Friday to “help pressure Israel to halt its attacks.”

“Only a diplomatic solution, not a military one, can ensure stability and maintain calm in the south,” Raggi said, according to Lebanon’s National News Agency (NNA).

He added that the Lebanese government “is gradually moving forward with its decision to bring all weapons under state control.”

The United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) on Thursday voiced “deep concerns”, urging all parties “to fully commit to the cessation of hostilities.”

UNIFIL added that it remains in contact with the Lebanese Armed Forces and emphasized that extending state authority “is at the very core of Resolution 1701.”

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

IDF troops fighting Hezbollah terrorists

IDF troops fighting Hezbollah terrorists in southern Lebanon. (IDF Spokesman’s Unit.)

Despite diplomatic criticism, Israeli commanders insist they will not allow Hezbollah to rebuild.

“We won’t wait for another Oct. 7,” the Israeli officer said. “We’re vigilant, we’re rebuilding, and we’re ready. The quiet we have now depends on Hezbollah’s choices — not on our willingness to defend ourselves.”

Efrat Lachter is an investigative reporter and war correspondent. Her work has taken her to 40 countries, including Ukraine, Russia, Iraq, Syria, Sudan and Afghanistan. She is a recipient of the 2024 Knight-Wallace Fellowship for Journalism. Lachter can be followed on X @efratlachter.

Act conflicts fire Hezbollah Israel Lebanon playing pledge presses terrorism warns weapons
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

Olympians speak out in defense of Eileen Gu amid criticism for competing for China over US

February 21, 2026

Gene Hackman death: Fire chief recalls shocking first call, ‘I thought I had a little more time than 48 hours’

February 21, 2026

Potential US military strikes on Iran could target specific individuals, pursue regime change: report

February 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The Latest News
  • United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever February 21, 2026
  • Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit February 21, 2026
  • German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report February 21, 2026
  • Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K February 21, 2026
  • Gwen Stefani accused of 'MAGA makeover' after promoting Lent prayer challenge February 21, 2026
  • Hidden virus inside gut bacteria linked to doubled colorectal cancer risk, study finds February 21, 2026
Economy News
Sports

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The United States has made Olympic history.Americans…

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026
Top Trending
Sports

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The United States has…

Entertainment

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Tim McGraw is looking…

Sports

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! German soccer team Werder…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Advertisement
Demo
Demo
Top Posts

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025

Trans athlete wins USA Cycling women's event as female opponents protest and speak out

July 2, 2025
Don't Miss
Sports

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The United States has made Olympic history.Americans…

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026

Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K

February 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo

NEW YORK TIMES POST

 

Categories
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Fashion
  • Food
  • Tech
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Nature
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the lifestyle news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a lifestyle site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@example.com
Contact: +1-320-0123-451

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

February 21, 2026

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026
Most Popular

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025
© 2026 NEW YORK TIMES POST. Designed by EREN.
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.