LONDONERS can expect a windy Friday with gales along coastal areas. Rain, which will be heavy at times, will clear East during the evening, making
LONDONERS can expect a windy Friday with gales along coastal areas.
Rain, which will be heavy at times, will clear East during the evening, making way for clear spells and blustery showers.
London weather forecast for 6am on Friday
Temperatures are set to be milder on Friday evening with maximum of 11C.
It’s set to be breezy with showers and rain on Saturday.
There’s likely to be further blustery showers on Sunday.
We can expect frost on Monday, but it will remain dry and largely sunny throughout the day.
London weather forecast for 12pm on Friday
There’s a Yellow warning for wind between 9am and 6pm on Friday. Strong winds are set to affect Northern Ireland and western Scotland, with some transport disruption likely.
What to expect:
- Some delays to road, rail, air and ferry transport
- Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges likely
- Potential short term loss of power and other services
- It’s possible that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities could be affected by spray and/or waves
- For more information, go to: www.metoffice.gov.uk
- For advice on staying safe, go to: www.metoffice.gov.uk/barometer/advice
There’s a Yellow warning for rain between 9am and 3pm on Friday. Heavy rain could lead to some flooding across parts of Scotland.
What to expect:
- Small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded, causing damage to buildings
- There is a small chance of fast flowing or deep floodwater causing danger to life
- Where flooding occurs, there is a slight chance of delays or cancellations to train and bus services
- Spray and flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures
- There is a small chance that some communities become cut off by flooded roads
- There is a slight chance of power cuts and loss of other services to some homes and businesses
UK outlook for Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 to Thursday 21 Feb 2019
The unsettled weather is set to continue in the North and West, with southern and eastern areas of the UK seeing the best of the dry and bright weather.
Northwestern areas should see more normal February temperatures, though it may get much colder in the South and East. Overnight frost is likely in these areas.
There’s also a good chance we will see some wet and windy spells next week, which could bring a risk of snow.
MOST READ IN NEWS
UK outlook for Friday 22 Feb 2019 to Friday 8 Mar 2019
It’s likely there will be drier, brighter and somewhat colder conditions towards the end of the month, with patches of frost across Southeastern areas.
Spells of milder and more unsettled weather are also likely across the Northwest.
However, there’s a low chance of a spell of cold conditions, accompanied by easterly winds.
UK surface pressure for 12pm on Friday
- Contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v1.0