Customise Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorised as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyse the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customised advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyse the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Friday, April 4, 2025
HomeNewsNetflix 'aggressively' targeting huge fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua after...

Netflix ‘aggressively’ targeting huge fight between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua after Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson success


THE long-overdue Battle of Britain between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua could end up on Netflix, if The Gypsy King comes out of retirement.

Fury seemingly put the final nail in the coffin of the domestic dust-up in January when he announced his fifth retirement, which came on the back of consecutive losses to Oleksandr Usyk.

Oleksandr Usyk punches Tyson Fury during a boxing match.

5

Tyson Fury announced his fifth retirement from boxing shortly after back-to-back defeats to Oleksandr UsykCredit: GETTY
Anthony Joshua boxing at Wembley Stadium.

5

His retirement has seemingly closed the door on a showdown with Anthony JoshuaCredit: REUTERS
Turki Alalshikh at a boxing event.

5

Saudi bigwig Turki Alalshikh is keen to make the fight and will likely make Fury an offer he can’t refuseCredit: PA
Illustration of the Netflix logo on a smartphone screen.

5

Netflix are keen on obtaining the broadcast rights for the historic showdownCredit: REX

Saud boxing supremo Turki Alalshikh, however, is expected to dangle a gargantuan purse in front of the Wythenshawe warrior to coax him out of retirement.

And if he’s successful, Netflix will make a play to land the broadcast rights for the mammoth melee.

That’s according to Sports Illustrated, who claim the streaming platform is “aggressively moving into boxing’s big event space” and is eager to land Fury vs Joshua.

Netflix dipped their toes into the boxing world last November for Mike Tyson’s controversial comeback fight against Jake Paul.

And they’ve landed the rights for the eagerly anticipated trilogy fight between Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano on July 11.

Netflix could part-fund Alalshikh’s financial proposal to Fury in order to land the biggest fight in the history of British boxing.

It will likely take a jaw-dropping figure to convince Fury to lace up his gloves again.

The former WBC heavyweight champion is seemingly content with his latest retirement, with Andy Lee recently saying of his recent chats with his cousin: “He seems very happy.

JOIN SUN VEGAS: GET £50 BONUS

Tyson Fury vs. Anthony Joshua boxing stats comparison.

5

“[He said], ‘Andy I’m not f****d.’ That’s what he said. ‘I couldn’t be f****d. with it.’ He’s very happy.”

AJ, however, refusing to give up hope of settling his decade-long score with Fury, telling IFL TV: “I feel like it’s the best fight [for me].

Anthony Joshua gives cryptic update over future amid Tyson Fury fight talk in interview at Beterbiev vs Bivol 2

“People might say [Joseph] Parker, people might say – I don’t know.

“But I think Fury, commercially, is a great fight and it’s a great man’s fight as well. So I think it makes sense.

“You could say it’s been years in the making. But listen, the heavyweight division has been thriving.

“And why I say it’s probably still a great fight is as I said Parker is, for me, a great story of someone that never gives up.

“And the thing is, there is going to be one winner and one loser.

“And there’s going to be bloodshed. And it ain’t gonna be mine.”

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments