Center Parcs tragedy: Boy dies after ‘falling ill’ at indoor swimming pool

0


The child, whose age and name has not been released, died after getting into difficulty at Longleat resort in Wiltshire on Saturday. Saff desperately tried in vain to save the little boy, who had been playing in the water with three other children. One eye witness said Centre Parcs’ handling of the tragic situation had left them feeling “shocked”.

They said: ‘It was reported to us that sadly a child had passed away.

“There had been some very intense resuscitation attempts by staff.

“I have been shocked and surprised that no acknowledgment or information was given by Center Parcs.

“Everyone was very upset and anxious about the pool area.

“Center Parcs did not even acknowledge the event anywhere.”

The company said in a statement: “We are deeply saddened by the tragic news that a young guest passed away after becoming unwell whilst at Longleat Forest.

“Our thoughts are with the family at this difficult time. We are continuing to offer our support to the family and to our employees who provided immediate assistance.

“In accordance with the family’s wishes for privacy at this difficult time, we will not be providing any further detail or comment.”

This is a breaking news story and is being updated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here