Close Menu
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
What's Hot

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

February 21, 2026

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever
  • Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit
  • German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report
  • Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K
  • Gwen Stefani accused of 'MAGA makeover' after promoting Lent prayer challenge
  • Hidden virus inside gut bacteria linked to doubled colorectal cancer risk, study finds
  • 'Miracle on Ice' legend praises USA Olympic team for showing 'same edge' as 1980 squad: 'You can feel it'
  • Florida Senate passes 'Teddy Bridgewater Bill' allowing coaches to use personal funds for student welfare
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Demo
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Home»World»Philippine authorities give update on Bondi Beach gunmen's movements amid speculation about terror training
World

Philippine authorities give update on Bondi Beach gunmen's movements amid speculation about terror training

nytimespostBy nytimespostDecember 17, 2025No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Authorities in the Philippines gave an update on their investigation of the accused Bondi Beach gunmen’s movements during their weeks-long trip to the country.

The father-son duo – who are now accused of carrying out a deadly attack at a Hanukkah event at Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia, this week — allegedly previously traveled to Davao City for their four-week visit to the Philippines, according to reports. This comes after a recent confirmation by Philippine authorities that the father and son spent nearly the entire month of November in the country.

Philippine police and hotel staff said the father and son rarely left their hotel room except for an hour or so at a time, according to The Guardian. The outlet added that both police and hotel staff noted that the accused gunmen never talked to other guests or had visitors.

There was speculation that the father and son traveled to the Philippines to receive training from Islamist groups believed to be operating in the country, but authorities have pushed back against the assertion.

SURVIVING AUSTRALIA TERROR SUSPECT SLAPPED WITH CHARGES IN WAKE OF DEADLY ATTACK

Mourners in Sydney, Australia

Mourners place flowers at a memorial at Bondi Beach in Sydney, Australia, on Dec. 15, 2025.  (AAP/Bianca De Marchi via Reuters)

On Tuesday, the Philippines Bureau of Investigation said the two accused gunmen travelled to the Philippines on Nov. 1 aboard Philippine Airlines Flight PR212 from Sydney to Manila before making their way to Davao, according to Reuters. The two left the Philippines on Nov. 28, just weeks before they allegedly carried out the Bondi Beach attack.

Davao City is located on the island of Mindanao, which has been under a “Level 3: Reconsider Travel” advisory since May. However, the State Department said that Davao City, in addition to a few other locations, is an exception to the advisory.

“Terrorist and armed groups in Mindanao have historically engaged in kidnappings for ransom, in addition to bombings and other attacks. These incidents often target foreign nationals, including U.S. citizens, as well as civilians, local government entities, and security forces,” the State Department’s advisory reads.

Bondi Beach memorial

A note is left attached to a flower at a tribute for shooting victims outside the Bondi Pavilion at Sydney’s Bondi Beach, Monday, Dec. 15, 2025. (AP Photo/Mark Baker)

POLICE: BONDI BEACH SHOOTING SUSPECTS HAD BOMBS, ISIS FLAGS AND RECENTLY TRAVELED TO PHILIPPINES

In 2017, Islamic State-inspired militants stormed Marawi, the capital of Lanao del Sur province in the Muslim-majority Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Mindanao. Reuters reported that the siege of Marawi displaced approximately 350,000 residents and left more than 1,100 dead, most of whom were militants.

The city is currently under a “Level 4: Do Not Travel” advisory, with the State Department warning that “civilians face risk of death or injury from ongoing clashes between terrorist group remnants and Philippine security forces in Marawi.”

Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) noted that while the influence and strength of Islamic State-aligned groups has declined in recent years, the Philippines military has had infrequent clashes with remnants of the groups.

Families in Australia grieve the lives lost in Bondi Beach shooting

Family members of a victim from Sunday’s shooting mourn at a flower memorial made after the shooting at the Bondi Pavilion at Bondi Beach on Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2025, in Sydney, Australia. (Mark Baker/AP Photo)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The Bondi Beach attack unfolded on Sunday as gunmen opened fire at a Hanukkah celebration, killing at least 15 and leaving dozens injured. The older gunman, who was the younger gunman’s father, died at the scene.

On Wednesday, New South Wales Police announced the 59 charges against the 24-year-old surviving suspected gunman, including “commit terrorist act,” 15 counts of murder, 40 counts of “cause wounding/grievous bodily harm to person with intent to murder,” “discharge firearm etc intend cause grievous bodily harm,” “cause public display of prohibited terrorist org symbol” and “place explosive in/near building with intent to cause harm.”

NSW Police said that the alleged gunman is still hospitalized and is under police guard.

Rachel Wolf is a breaking news writer for Fox News Digital and FOX Business.

anti semitism Australia authorities beach Bondi Crime crime world give gunmen039s movements Philippine speculation terror terrorism training update world
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K

February 21, 2026

US military kills 3 in latest strike on a suspected drug vessel in the Pacific

February 21, 2026

Timothy Busfield pleads not guilty to child sex abuse charges

February 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The Latest News
  • United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever February 21, 2026
  • Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit February 21, 2026
  • German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report February 21, 2026
  • Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K February 21, 2026
  • Gwen Stefani accused of 'MAGA makeover' after promoting Lent prayer challenge February 21, 2026
  • Hidden virus inside gut bacteria linked to doubled colorectal cancer risk, study finds February 21, 2026
Economy News
Sports

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The United States has made Olympic history.Americans…

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026
Top Trending
Sports

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The United States has…

Entertainment

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Tim McGraw is looking…

Sports

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! German soccer team Werder…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Advertisement
Demo
Demo
Top Posts

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025

Trans athlete wins USA Cycling women's event as female opponents protest and speak out

July 2, 2025
Don't Miss
Sports

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! The United States has made Olympic history.Americans…

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026

Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K

February 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo

NEW YORK TIMES POST

 

Categories
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Fashion
  • Food
  • Tech
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Nature
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the lifestyle news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a lifestyle site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@example.com
Contact: +1-320-0123-451

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

United States wins its most Winter Olympics gold medals ever

February 21, 2026

Tim McGraw stood firm against industry elites who tried to cancel his 'controversial' hit

February 21, 2026

German soccer team Werder Bremen cancels Minnesota trip over Trump immigration enforcement: report

February 21, 2026
Most Popular

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025
© 2026 NEW YORK TIMES POST. Designed by EREN.
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.