Close Menu
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
What's Hot

'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M

February 21, 2026

American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA

February 21, 2026

Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States

February 21, 2026

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Trending
  • 'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M
  • American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA
  • Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States
  • ‘Filthy Fortunes’ star says millions of Americans are unknowingly sitting on $10K–$20K jackpots in their homes
  • Donny Osmond sued for negligence after concert ball allegedly causes eye injury at Las Vegas show
  • Sarah Ferguson's whereabouts unknown as former Prince Andrew’s shock arrest on birthday rocks royals
  • 'Jersey Shore' star Nicole 'Snooki' Polizzi diagnosed with cervical cancer
  • Baseball legend Bill Mazeroski dead at 89
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Demo
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Home»Sports»Former star gymnast reacts to Team USA following Trump's executive order to protect women's sports
Sports

Former star gymnast reacts to Team USA following Trump's executive order to protect women's sports

nytimespostBy nytimespostJuly 24, 2025No Comments
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn WhatsApp Reddit Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email



NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Former American women’s gymnast Dee Worley broke her silence on the U.S. Olympic and Paralympic Committee (USOPC) updating its policies to suggest it will comply with President Donald Trump’s “Keeping Men Out of Women’s Sports” executive order. 

Worley told Fox News Digital that she is concerned about the “vague” nature of the new policy and that the USOPC has not laid out any clear guidelines regarding trans inclusion in women’s sports, but it has simply included one paragraph in its athlete safety policy that directly cites Trump’s “Keeping Men Out of Women’s Sports” executive order.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE SPORTS COVERAGE ON FOXNEWS.COM

“I think they’re intentionally leaving it vague to leave room for flips and to leave room for the athletes to sort of lose autonomy over whether the competition is fair,” Worley said. “They’re leaving just that little bit of wiggle room to accommodate the woke mob.”

The former gymnast, who competed for the U.S. national team as early as her high school years in the late 1980s, has joined other female athletes and activists, including women’s fencer Stephanie Turner, in calling for the USOPC to now implement mandatory sex screening for women’s competitions. 

Worley said that she doesn’t believe any momentum on the issue will be achieved until mandatory sex screenings are implemented. 

Similar calls befell the NCAA after it updated its gender eligibility policy to comply with Trump in February. Worley made history at the University of Alabama as a 17-time All-American, a four-time champion and a nine-time regional champion. As a senior in 1993, she set an NCAA record with perfect 10’s in five consecutive meets.

Still, Worley recognized that the recent change by the USOPC indicates the impact of public pressure on the organization over the issue of trans athletes in women’s sports. Worley previously criticized gymnastics legend Simone Biles for verbally attacking conservative activist Riley Gaines over the issue in June and now believes that the impact of the viral feud showed the USOPC that people aren’t afraid to speak out on the issue anymore. 

FORMER STAR GYMNAST SLAMS USA GYMNASTICS FOR TRANS ATHLETE POLICY HANDLING

“I think everybody overplayed their hand in that situation, related to Simone, starting with her, and then including the governing body. The pressure is mounting, people are no longer afraid to be called names. People are no longer afraid to stand on the side of what is right,” Worley said. 

“The fact that Simone deleted her X account is absolutely evidence that [the impact of the feud has grown since it occurred]. I do think in the overall landscape of female sports it was a watershed moment.” 

Other athletes have directly credited the feud between Gaines and Biles as a potential motivator for the timing of the USOPC’s policy change. 

Turner told Fox News Digital that she believes it affected the change.

“Simone represented a side of the debate that didn’t seem very informed about this issue, and it came off as insensitive and insulting as if she had abandon all the women and girls that she claims to support,” Turner said. “That really put a spotlight on this debate and how insensitive being pro-men in women’s sports really is for women.” 

Former NFL player Jack Brewer told Fox News Digital that he believed the feud impacted the recent change as well. 

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“I believe the feud between Simone Biles and Riley Gaines had a lot to do with the Olympics banning transgender athletes. It exposed public opinion, and I think President Trump’s victory in the last election was a major catalyst as well. People with common sense are trying to distance themselves from this lie that’s been taught to our children and has penetrated throughout our society—that somehow you can choose your gender,” Brewer said. 

“I think people in America and in this culture are just not going to accept that. This was showcased in the feud between two of America’s greatest female athletes in their respective sports. Simone Biles, by the way, is one of the greatest athletes in the history of America. For that to come out of her mouth, it really highlighted how deeply this lie has penetrated society. That was unfortunate, but sometimes you get a reality check, get slapped in the face, and you tend to wake up.”

Follow Fox News Digital’s sports coverage on X, and subscribe to the Fox News Sports Huddle newsletter.

Jackson Thompson is a sports writer for Fox News Digital. He previously worked for ESPN and Business Insider. Jackson has covered the Super Bowl and NBA Finals, and has interviewed iconic figures Usain Bolt, Rob Gronkowski, Jerry Rice, Troy Aikman, Mike Trout, David Ortiz and Roger Clemens.



executive gymnast Order protect reacts sports star team Trump039s USA women039s
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email

Related Posts

'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M

February 21, 2026

American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA

February 21, 2026

Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States

February 21, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

The Latest News
  • 'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M February 21, 2026
  • American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA February 21, 2026
  • Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States February 21, 2026
  • ‘Filthy Fortunes’ star says millions of Americans are unknowingly sitting on $10K–$20K jackpots in their homes February 21, 2026
  • Donny Osmond sued for negligence after concert ball allegedly causes eye injury at Las Vegas show February 21, 2026
  • Sarah Ferguson's whereabouts unknown as former Prince Andrew’s shock arrest on birthday rocks royals February 21, 2026
Economy News
Entertainment

'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! “Golden Girls” star, Estelle Getty’s former home…

American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA

February 21, 2026

Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States

February 21, 2026
Top Trending
Entertainment

'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! “Golden Girls” star, Estelle…

Sports

American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! With the weight of…

Sports

Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! Bryce Harper will play…

Subscribe to News

Get the latest sports news from NewsSite about world, sports and politics.

Advertisement
Demo
Demo
Top Posts

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025

Trans athlete wins USA Cycling women's event as female opponents protest and speak out

July 2, 2025
Don't Miss
Entertainment

'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M

By nytimespostFebruary 21, 2026

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles! “Golden Girls” star, Estelle Getty’s former home…

American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA

February 21, 2026

Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States

February 21, 2026

‘Filthy Fortunes’ star says millions of Americans are unknowingly sitting on $10K–$20K jackpots in their homes

February 21, 2026
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

Demo

NEW YORK TIMES POST

 

Categories
  • Business
  • Culture
  • Fashion
  • Food
  • Tech
  • Sports
  • Travel
  • Nature
NEW YORK TIMES POST
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest YouTube

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

About Us
About Us

Your source for the lifestyle news. This demo is crafted specifically to exhibit the use of the theme as a lifestyle site. Visit our main page for more demos.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@example.com
Contact: +1-320-0123-451

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

'Golden Girls' star Estelle Getty's former Los Angeles mansion listed for sale at $7.65M

February 21, 2026

American women's hockey gold medalist Taylor Heise opens up on what it means to play for Team USA

February 21, 2026

Bryce Harper hits back at Olympians who are indifferent about representing United States

February 21, 2026
Most Popular

Former Houston appointee claims flood-ravaged Camp Mystic is 'Whites-only' in viral video

July 6, 2025

Massachusetts police officer shot by colleague during service of restraining order

July 1, 2025

Deadly social media trend threatens kids, homeowners defending themselves: 'children are going to get killed’

July 5, 2025
© 2026 NEW YORK TIMES POST. Designed by EREN.
  • News
  • Health
  • Lifetsyle
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.